I can’t believe that it’s 2017 already. Where did the time go? This means that I am out of excuses, since I’ve been saying that this year is when I will get back to writing and get my stuff into gear.
So, I need to make a plan. A writing/editing plan. Keeping in mind of course the available time I have, and my limitations in regards to my chronic pain and fatigue. I don’t want to have another burn out, but I also don’t want another year of doing virtually no writing. This is it. I’m going to publish at least one of my books this year. It “only” needs some editing. (I say “only”, because it needs a lot of editing and editing is hard work.)
I don’t really want to do New Year’s Resolutions, as I don’t necessarily believe in the whole “new year, new me”-thing. But I would like to put some goals up for the year.
- Create a writing/editing schedule and stick to it.
- New blog theme, including a new header. I find it difficult to choose something I like. It needs to be easy to read while also easy on the eyes, and not too boring.
- Get better at commenting on other blogs.
- Read more books (maybe review them?).
- Finish up my short stories.
- Publish first book (self-publish as e-book) before the end of the year.
Non writing/blog related ones are:
- Start getting rid of and sorting through all the boxes of stuff just “hanging around”.
- Finally sort out the closet in the hallway. It’s a mess!
- Figure out a better way to store things in the kitchen. It’s small and I desperately need to figure out better solutions to fit things!
- Home improvements (lots of rooms need painting etc. and we’ve been here a year now, no more excuses!).
What are your goals/resolutions for 2017?